How much does it cost?
Your training cost includes
Your training cost will include two parts:
Your payment will cover:
- Transport from Hà Nội to Bái Đính & back (about 2 hours, with our own shuttle bus) at a fixed time;
- 3 meals per day, tea and coffee during the training;
- Supplies for the training and a training companion guide in PDF form;
- Training fee (3,5 days);
- Accommodation of your choice.
We operate with the principle of “Ask for what you need, offer what you can“, and we invite you into shared responsibility to make this training happen.
The estimated budget to organize this year’s Art of Hosting training is around 510 million VND (nearly USD 21,000). This includes all the logistics and organizing cost and a small honorarium for the people who put in the efforts to make this training happen.
We expect to welcome around 50 participants this year. So taking the budget divided by the number of people and we have the first tier of pricing at 10.3 million VND per ticket (USD 425).
We also offer a second tier of pricing where the team receives little to no honorarium at all. In this case the minimal fee is 7.9 million VND per ticket (USD 325).
- You pay for your food, organizing cost, and give a gift to honor the work, experience and wisdom of the hosting and organizing team.
- You pay for your food and organizing cost. All our work and effort to make this training happen will be our gift to you.
‘Gifts to Neighbors’ fund
We understand that these fees might still be a lot for some people, while they are not much for others. That is why we are creating a pot called Gifts to Neighbors; everyone can give to, and ask for support from the Gifts.
Illustration by XuAn
Offer what you can
Whether you are attending the training or not, you can join us in enabling everyone who wants to be there to be there by contributing to this pot.
If you are signing up for the training, you can can make your contribution together with your payment. Otherwise, CLICK HERE for instruction to donate.
Ask for what you need
If you really want to be in this training but finance is a big barrier, you can ask for support from the Gifts pot. For example, if you can only offer USD 225, you can ask for USD 200 from the Gifts.
Please indicate your need in the registration form and our team will be in touch for further steps. Apply for this support before one of the three deadlines: Jan 26th, Feb 16th or Mar 1st. The earlier you ask, the better.
We know that asking for help sometimes requires lots of courage and consideration. Feel free to reach out to us if you would love to have a conversation before deciding.
Last training, 35% of all participants were able to join thanks to this practice. And the best part is, the Gifts do not start from zero. We already have 47 million VND (USD 1930) from last year’s training that was saved for this purpose. Let’s keep the generosity flow!
Whether you want to ask or contribute to the Gifts or not, we offer a 5-10% discount from Sustainable Ticket for groups of at least 3 participants coming from the same project / organization / family / neighborhood depending on your group size.
This offer is to encourage people from the same community to join and learn together, so that they have a shared practice when they come back.
- If you cancel before February 14th, you will be refunded 100%.
- If you cancel from February 14th until before March 4th, you will be refunded 50%.
- If you cancel from March 4th onward, there will be no refund.
Bái Đính hotel offers us several different types of rooms with different comfort levels. Click on each tab to read more.
- Number of slots: 02 slots left, prioritized for registrants receiving our financial aid.
- 12 beds/dorm. There are two dorms. We will try to arrange same gender dorm, but potentially there may be a mixed dorm.
- You will share a dorm with 11 participants.
- The price per night: 12 USD. The price for the whole training (3 nights): 36 USD.
- Number of rooms: fully booked.
- A double bed for 2 people.
- This room is private for one person, but you also can share it with one other without paying extra fee.
- The price per night: 35 USD. The price for whole training: 105 USD.
- If you wish to share the bed with another person, each of you will pay 52.5 USD.
Some participants may want to combine this training and a travelling trip with your families/friends, etc. In that case, there will be another option for you to add extra beds into your room (except for the dorm).
- Add extra bed: 17 USD/bed/night.
- Number of slots: 10.